Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6

Well it's been a long time since I posted to the blog. Nancy and I have been really busy now that we can work in the house. We have been painting and tiling and painting and tiling and, well you get the idea! We are finding that the work we signed up for is a pretty big job. We have painted the kitchen, utility room, garage, and the family room. The dry wall guys are all done and vacuumed the dust up from upstairs and downstairs. We were grouting tile today and the kitchen is just about done. The painters have been working on the outside of the house, caulking and putting a finish coat on the siding and the trim. Mike and the girls came up today and Mike is going to help hang the cabinets in the kitchen and laundry room since they were delivered this morning. We also have the hardwood flooring in the house ready to be laid. Mike is going to give me flooring lessons and that will be my job in the weeks to come. Brother Bill is also supposed to come up this weekend so we should be really busy!

The weather has been awesome all week with temps in the high sixties and low seventies and crystal blue skies. Sunday is supposed to be eighty degrees! probably the last beach day for those with more time on their hands than me.

I can't post pictures today since I don't have the hardware available, but I will post extras the next time I have a chance.

I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the fall. The colors here are really coming along and I have maple trees in the yard that are RAINING LEAVES. The colors are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment