Monday, December 5, 2011

Making Progress at Wheeler Road

Mike came up to help us with the house on Thursday and spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning trimming out all of the windows and putting baseboard up throughout the first floor. The house looks so much more finished inside now and we continue to get the doors and windows stained and varnished so that the second floor baseboard can go up. We hope to get everything finished some time in January so we can get our final inspection by the end of January.
Mike put some apples and carrots out behind the house on Friday to see if the deer would come to them. Everything was gone by Sunday morning. He put more carrots out on Sunday and they were gone again this morning. I put some more out today and next time I check I will bring in the memory card from the game camera to see who is visiting the bait pile.
We haven't had any more snow in the last two weeks, but they are calling for some snowfall this Thursday. Last week was a little above normal with temperatures in the forties. This week we are going to get cooler weather and down into the teens at night for Thursday and Friday. At least I haven't had to deal with snow shoveling along with all the work we need to do inside the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment