Today is Brad's birthday and a good day to remember how lucky we are to have had him for twenty five years. It's also a good day to remember all those who have passed this year and send up a prayer to them.
Brad was to be a big part of our construction project here on Wheeler Road but it was just not to be. I hope he is looking down on all we have done with approval and a smile. Here's to you my baby boy with all the love I have for you.
Elizabeth sent a note with her wishes to her brother. It's so wonderful I want to share it with everyone reading this blog (Liz, I hope you don't mind)...
"I would've gotten brad a new hat this year.
something from this rad little skate shop
here in the city called mission skateboards.
or maybe i would've gotten him the new
fleet foxes album.
but since i can't give him either of those,
I'm going to give him more space in my day
than he's had recently.
(don't get me wrong, he's a part of my everyday)
but on his birthday, it's entirely his day.
is that a gift for him or me?
i think both
I'll ride alongside him on my bike,
I'll work side by side with him in the office,
we'll go out to lunch- maybe burritos,
when I'm playing soccer, I'll pass to him,
and after soccer, we'll grab a birthday drink.
to 27, my little brother-
may your party wherever you are
be everything you want.
thanks for the invite".
God bless you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment