Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day Tuesday

Well, I hope your favorite candidates make the grade today. (And I hope they make the grade for the next four years to get this country moving again and back on the road to balanced budgets, a stable and growing economy, and no deficits).We got out and voted at Cleveland Township Hall today for the first time. There were a few people there voting, and many more by the time we were leaving. We saw just how many old folks there are living here in our township. (Nancy read some statistics and found that forty four percent of the residences in Cleveland Township are summer residences, not year round homes)!
We had visitors over the weekend from Houghton Lake. Bev and Gary spent a night with us and we had fun visiting. On Sunday we went for a hike near Port Oneida.
I spent the day today getting firewood ready to be split and getting some fall chores done around the house. I finally got a day off when it wasn't raining, although it was drizzling after supper.
The FED EX man came by this evening with a package and when I opened it I found a new leaf blower inside! It looks like a beauty with a backpack and hand controls for easy handling. Thank you so much to all who were responsible for making that happen.

I will close with a few pictures from the past couple of days....

This was the back yard on Saturday morning. We woke up to a nasty surprise with the ground covered with this white stuff. Luckily it all melted by noon.

This picture was taken on October 21 at Port Oneida. Notice the fall colors here.

This is the same view on Sunday, November 4th. No more leaves on the trees.

A view on the hike with Bev and Gary on Sunday.
 

Here I am playing with my new toy. Thanks Kids! I'll let you take it for a spin on Thanksgiving weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment