We've been in Texas since Monday. We have poor Internet connectivity because we haven't been able to get our air card working properly yet. I have been relying on the park's WI FI and tonight am using the WI FI at McDonalds. We are camped on Padre Island near Corpus Christi at Padre Island National Seashore. There are seventy miles of beach on the gulf here that are undeveloped and natural. This is the longest stretch of undeveloped seashore in the U.S.
We have had wonderful weather with temperatures in the high sixties and seventies. We had a big rain storm yesterday but it dumped four inches of rain and moved on. We can;t complain because I figured that would have been about 20 inches of snow up in Michigan.
Traveling has been good with no problems and we are enjoying seeing new country this trip. We saw farm fields in Texas yesterday that stretched as far as the eye could see into the horizon. I have never seen so much cultivated land without anything to break it up in all my life. I guess things are bigger in Texas! Tomorrow will be a beach day with sunny skies predicted. When I get a good Internet signal I will post some pictures. But for now I just want to wish everyone well.
We have a predicted 3-5 inches of fluffy white stuff for tonight, with an additional 1-3 for tomorrow! Don't forget your sunscreen on the beach!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mike.
Oh and let mom know that the girls revieved her letter. Natalie loved the magnet and believe it or not, the map was a huge hit too!
ReplyDelete