My, my, how the days have changed. We don't get up each day with a sense of wonder at where we are this day. We are back at home now and getting settled in to the routine for the summer. We have been cleaning up the yard and getting everything put away from our winter travels. The truck has been swept out and cleaned up, and the van has a new oil change and is ready for service. The camper is vacuumed, washed and parked for now. I am nursing a new crop of grass where we put the patio next to the family room.
Nancy's working this weekend at Good Harbor Winery and I start back at Anderson's IGA tomorrow. We are putting plans together to get permits and estimates for the deck we will build this spring, and there are turkeys to chase during the month of May. Time too, to get the boat unwrapped from the long winter and ready for cruising on the lakes this summer. So much to do and so little time!
The weather is warming up nicely, and we are supposed to be near seventy this week with sunny skies and no rain in the forecast. (Sure, it always happens this way when I plant grass seed!) Oh, well, if it was rainy we would be grumbling. Now we just have to get the leaves to sprout out so things start to get green.
We are planning a trip to southern Michigan next weekend to see the family and can't wait to hear every one's stories of what is going on and the events of the winter. I know a lot has happened since we left and can't wait to get caught up!
Tom and Evey, say Hi to Mickey Mouse for us.
Happy Sunday to everyone and I hope all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment