Sunday, September 29, 2013

We are hoping this weather sticks around!

We had a wonderful week of autumn weather with temperatures reaching into the seventies and crystal clear blue skies. The trees are turning color and peak should come very soon. So far only a little bit of red and orange here and there, but leaves are beginning to drop.
On Saturday I loaded the canoe and took some time to fish Narda Lake on M-22. I had the whole lake to myself, and the fish were biting. I caught a hefty largemouth bass and a pike that was close to three feet long. I didn't get a picture of the pike since I lost him off the stringer when putting him in the water. I also caught a couple of smaller bass and a few dinky perch.
I saw a couple of bald eagles high overhead and a hawk soaring over the woods. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors.
This week we are heading to southern Michigan to visit with the kids and to go to Ashleigh's wedding. (This is my great niece, Uncle Bob and Aunt Donna's grand daughter).
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall days. Soon the snow will be flying and we will wish we had more of these glorious sunshine filled days.

A very nice bass. I brought him home and turned him into a couple of nice fillets!

Narda Lake. You can see just a little bit of color n the trees.

Tranquil setting for an old barn on the shoreline.

No comments:

Post a Comment