It's been a while since I posted pictures, so here I am catching up.
the catch of the day at Key West before we left for Dry Tortuga National Park
Fort Jeffrson on Dry Tortuga Key
Yhe yourists get here by plane and ferry. It is about 70 miles southwest of Key West
Fort Jefferson was built by the US in the 1860/s with about 16 million bricks from Pensicola
I found a gun to play with
We snorkeled in the crystal clear waters around the beach and the pier heads. Lots of fish and conch shells
A moat went around the fort to keep the enemy at bay
A resident blue Heron
On the way back to Key West we passed Sunset key. Oprah and Tom Hanks reportedly have cottages here.
The moon shimmering on the water at Curry Hammock State Park
Our jungle camp at Koreshan State Park
One of the tortises we saw in the park
The Koreshan settlement has a lot of interesting history. Read up on it when you have some time.
They generated power for the surrounding communities
An example of their handiwork
No comments:
Post a Comment