Friday, April 8, 2016

Enjoying Goose Island

We've been at the park for three days and the time is flying by. We have been relaxing and enjoying the coast here. I've been doing quite a bit of pier fishing with our neighbors from Fort Worth. They are here for a week long fishing vacation and Mike has been coaching me on saltwater fishing. I have caught quite a few sea trout, but I'm just not getting the big enough trout to keep. Fortunately, Mike caught a couple in excess of twenty inches and we had a fish fry with them yesterday.
Nancy and I have been bike riding every day and we have done some exploring around Rockport and Fulton Beach. This is quite a nice area on the gulf and quite a bit of fishing goes on here. Next time Nancy and I come to Texas in the wintertime we have made a vow to explore this coastline from Galveston to Brownsville in more detail.
Tomorrow we move to Galveston Island and will be seeing that area for the first time. We are hearing good things about it, although Hurricane Ike came through here a few years ago and did some more damage. We are anxious to see everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment