The contractors have been making steady progress on the building site. The basement floor was poured on Friday and the masons began building the basement walls this morning. Everything looks great and we are happy to see everyone taking such pride in their work. Nancy and I have been cleaning up dead wood and burning every night. We hope to have the lot partly cleaned up before we get too busy with our part of the construction.
We have had decent weather since mid week last week, but some rain and storms at night. (Night is good for those sort of things). We hope it dries up down state so Mike can start his garage.
We are anxious to see David on Sunday and look forward to showing him around the area. We are finding a lot of beautiful sites up here to share with everyone.
Pouring the basement floor on Friday.
I didn't say we had a finished basement, I said they finished the basement floor! Today they finished more than half of the basement walls. Pictures to follow.
We found Deer Lake on one of our bike rides. (South of Empire).
No comments:
Post a Comment