Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday in Leland

Mike brought me back to Leland on Friday and we spent the weekend touring and sightseeing in Leelanau County. On Saturday we took Hannah and Natalie to North Bar Lake, Empire, Frankfort, Point Betsie Lighthouse, and to Wheeler Road. The weather was sunny and in the high fifties.
Over night it rained and thunderstormed and this morning it was drizzly. Later in the morning, by ten o'clock the rain stopped and it began to clear. By one in the afternoon we are sunny and seventy degrees. I hope this lasts.

I talked to Nancy in Vail this morning and they got five inches of snow overnight and it was still snowing. I'm sure she will be glad when we get her off the mountain and back into some warm weather.

I meet with our builder in the morning (weather permitting), to set stakes for the house and to see where we can put the driveway in. The excavator is supposed to be out there too and I anticipate he will be getting started this week to do some clearing and start digging the basement. It looks like this project will be getting underway very soon.

I hope all is well with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment