Friday was nice and warm again at 67 degrees here at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. We took a ride up into the mountains behind Pike's Peak to Lake George and visited Eleven Mile Lake and Park. The wind at the lake was howling at thirty to forty miles an hour with gusts even higher! The lake was all whitecaps but I found a sheltered cove and did some casting for the elusive Colorado trout. I managed to get one on for about two minutes, but the constant head shaking worked for him and he eventually shook free. Bummer! I tried and tried but couldn't get another taker.
The temperature fell to 43 degrees at the higher elevation, but when we got back down to our camp later in the day it was back up to 67. Ah, the mountains!
Looking eastward to Pike's Peak. It's snow capped peak blends in with the clouds.
Eleven Mile Lake. This is a very large lake fed by the Platte River and is rated as one of Colorado's premier fishing destinations.\
Nancy took this great picture of a group of deer on the way back to Lake George.
No comments:
Post a Comment