Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, June 27

I can't believe it's the Monday before fourth of July! We had a lot of rain days last week and construction was set behind. The back filling was done, the driveway extended to the garage and the garage floor was poured. This week they started putting the floor of the second story up and after that will be building second story walls. The weather man is promising sunshine for the next few days so we are optimistic.

Yesterday we took the S.S. Minnow on her maiden voyage of the summer. I know I am way behind normal for getting the boat in the water this year but with so much going on it seems to be a low priority right now. Nancy and I enjoyed a nice boat ride on Lake Leelanau and were amazed at how many boats were out. This was only the second time it has gotten to eighty degrees with sunshine this summer!

We are looking forward to our family get together this coming weekend and everyone is signing in for meals and other tasks. We sure hope the  good weather is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment