Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year to All !!

Happy 2012 to everyone! Hope that all of you made it through the new year's festivities without incident!!

We went to Houghton Lake to ring in the new year with Bev and Gary Clark. We played cards and watched Dick Clark do his annual thing. And wasn't Lady Gaga just great! Makes you want to Gag.

Any way we had a good time and this afternoon visited Dennis and Maria Sullivan in St. Helen before coming back to Wheeler Rd. They are doing well and it was great to see them after so long.

We drove back home from their place in a blizzard! We are getting our first major snow event of the winter. They are calling for ten to fifteen inches of snow depending where you are and strong winds. We had a long drive since the roads were so bad between Roscommon and Kalkaska. Then when we got west of Traverse City it was snowing so hard that I could only drive about twenty miles per hour since you couldn't see through the snow. The best I could do was to keep the truck between the ditches! We finally got back to the house and are going to hunker down here for the night.
I'm going to get some pictures of all the beautiful woodwork Mike did here during the week and I will get the pictures on the blog as soon as I can. (By the way, this is the first blog from the Wheeler Road house since we now have internet service along with our land line)!  (231) 334-7684.

Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous new year with many good surprises!!

No comments:

Post a Comment