Thursday, January 8, 2015

Back on the road again!!

We took a huge leap of faith by leaving home on the icy roads this morning after finishing packing the camper and shutting down the house. I knew the roads were bad because I drove into Cedar to drop off our recycling collection. I told Nancy I would try the long haul to Indianapolis if she would promise to not climb on the dashboard each time the back tires slipped on the ice.
We drove on snow and ice packed roads all the way to US131 south of Cadillac. Even M115 was completely covered with snow! It was a long journey to Indy and our hotel for the night, but (thank God), we made it without incident. Even the new kayaks behaved themselves on the roof and didn't make a peep.
The temperature when we left home was 3 degrees. When we got to Cadillac it was four degrees. When we hit Grand Rapids it was 10 for a minute, but at the Indiana border it was 4 degrees again. We hit Indy at 3 below and are wondering if this trend will continue all the way to Florida?!? It will be funny to see the Gulf frozen over.
Here are a couple of pictures from the day. Don't say we are afraid of a little adventure!

Getting ready to get out of Dodge in the Dodge.
 

A view of the roads we traveled for the first two and a half hours. Now I know how the Ice Road Truckers feel.
 
Hope everyone is well. We will keep you posted of our trip when time and WiFi connectivity allow. We are looking forward to a fun filled four months of vacation.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment