Nancy and I are in Fort Lauderdale tonight at a Staybridge Suites Motel and will be catching a flight out of the airport here to fly to San Juan and board our cruise ship there. We will be sailing in the Caribbean for the next week and will get back next Saturday.
I am not sure if I will have access to the internet while on the cruise, so it might be a week before I can post again. Otherwise I will put a few pictures on the blog at my earliest opportunity.
This is the first time I have had to interrupt a vacation to go on a cruise!!
Happy days to everyone.
One of the few critters we have seen so far, this gopher tortoise was wandering around the campground on Thursday. He's about a foot long. We also saw a couple of armadillos on Wednesday evening, but I didn't get their picture!
Bev put in about six miles of trail riding with us on Thursday.
The Florida treetops.
This old oak trunk is estimated to be a thousand years old. The top is gone, and there is a small palm tree growing out of the top.
Not quite the size of a California Redwood, but still pretty impressive.
There is a museum dedicated to the Civilian Conservation Corp at Highland Hammock State Park. The Corp was responsible for developing hundreds of parks throughout the country in the 1930's including Highland Hammock and North Higgins Lake State Park in Michigan.
No comments:
Post a Comment