We are getting into the camping mode and enjoying being outside
most of the day. We have been doing a lot of walking and are also starting to
get our biking legs working again. We haven’t had much sunshine, but it’s in
the sixties so being outside is still nice. We have met some folks that we have
seen at St Joseph Peninsula before, including some volunteers that hail from
Grandville, near Muskegon. Jack and I did some surf fishing yesterday, but the
fish were not biting. I am trying to learn what equipment I’ll need and am
looking forward to getting some use out of my first annual Florida saltwater
fishing license. Nancy is enjoying her walks and biking and just being able to
stay active outdoors.
We are getting things organized in the camper and doing
little projects to fix problems and get things cleaned up in our old cabin. Everything is working (so far, knock on wood!), except for the
battery charging system, but I replaced that with a new battery charger and it
looks like that will get us through. It is so quiet here since the campground
is quite empty. We spend time on the beach and there is no one in sight a lot
of the time. I suppose all of the crowds are further south where the
temperature is warmer. We have had a lot of fog yesterday and overnight. I’m
hoping for some clearing today.
I hope this note finds everyone well and having a good winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment