We had a slow day today. We started off with a hearty breakfast then took some laundry to the camp's utility room. We loaded a couple washing machines then went for a bike ride. We rode down the bike trail, past the marina and beyond. We saw a couple of other riders up ahead of us but turned around before we caught up to them. On the way back I got ahead and after a while turned around and no Nancy! I rode back and when I got back to her she was walking her bike. I asked if her chain came off and she said her tire went flat. I looked at the tire and noticed a couple of thorns stuck into it. We walked the bikes back to the laundry room and while Nancy moved clothes from the washer to dryers I checked the bike tires and found thorns in all tires and all the way around. I pulled them out and they were about a quarter inch long, very rigid and very sharp. All four tires were soon flat!! We walked the bikes back to camp and then walked back on the trail to see if we could find the source of our troubles, but to no avail. We did see the other two riders that were ahead of us and one of them was walking his bike back to their truck, probably with a flat tire!
Later we sat around camp and enjoyed the sunshine. The temperature was in the high fifties and no wind. We enjoyed lazing around in the warmth.
Flats all around!
A lazy day at Chattfield Lake.
Another Mockingbird? These things are all over the place, but quite camera shy.
No comments:
Post a Comment