Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday in Pueblo

Today we had breakfast then went in to town to run some errands and shop for groceries. We picked up four inner tubes so I could get the bikes rolling again. I found tubes that have "slime" inside so that if they get punctured they automatically seal themselves! I don't know if I haven't been paying attention in Michigan, but I never saw these before. Apparently cactus is a big problem for mountain bikers in the west!

When we got back to camp I started working on the bike tires. Each of the four had at least thirty thorns still embedded in the treads, and I used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull and pry them all out.

We took another hike through the foothills along Lake Pueblo today and I got some more pictures. This area is so beautiful and every few hundred yards you get new views that are just awesome. Enjoy.....


In this picture you can see a bit of the trail we were walking on. The trail gets used by hikers, mountain bikers and horses.

One of the bays of Lake Pueblo. The trail follows the water and we hiked to the headwaters of this bay.

Some more of the trail to the left and the Rocky Mountains in the background.

Rock formations above the lake with more mountains behind. We can see Pike's Peak from this trail, but today it was covered in clouds.

Another vista. The word awesome kept coming to mind all the way through this hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment